Friday 17 – Saturday 18 March 2017
New College, Holywell Street, University of Oxford
How can postgraduates, postdocs, and academics at the University of Oxford approach their academic disciplines as Christians? What does it mean to respond to a Christian vocation and to honour God in university life? Developing a Christian Mind: Seeking Wisdom examines these questions in four disciplinary streams: Humanities, Natural Sciences, Philosophy and Theology, and Social Sciences. Oxford academics and postgraduates speak and lead discussion for each stream. Past attendees are encouraged to come, listen to new talks, and take part in discussion with new attendees.
- Friday morning & afternoon: Day 1 of the discipline streams (check each one for a detailed schedule).
- Friday evening: Joint dinner with students and lecturers at New College, following after prayer and drinks
- Saturday morning & afternoon Day 2 of the discipline streams (check each one for a detailed schedule).
- Humanities Stream: Friday afternoon and Saturday.
- Natural Sciences Stream: Why Are We Here? Exploring the Place of Science. Friday afternoon and Saturday.
- Philosophy and Theology Stream: Pursuing Truth Through Reason and Story. All day Friday; on Saturday, join another stream
- Social Sciences Stream: An Overview (Friday all day) and Climate Change (Saturday morning)
The conference fee will include meals. We strongly urge students to attend the whole conference if possible. To request a bursary, or with other questions, please contact email@example.com.